Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake


I was greatly encouraged by the success of my Lavender Chiffon Cake and bought more paper chiffon tube case from Daiso to continue my adventure. Only 15cm tube case was available at the branch I went to. Thus, I made 2 more cup cakes from the balance batter as the recipe from Happy Flour calls for a 20cm tube pan. Many thanks to Happy Flour for sharing the recipe :)

As the pan size I used is smaller, I wasn't sure exactly how much should the tube case be filled, so I filled it to about 60%, and the two 5cm diameter cup cake case. It turned out that the chiffon cake tube case has room for more batter, as you can see from the photo above. Maybe all the batter could fill it up :D

The end result is a moist, soft and fluffy cake. It was not as light and tall as the Lavender chiffon cake, but it was interesting to see the bits of mashed pumpkin spread out evenly in the cake when it was sliced. I didn't manage to take a good picture on the sliced cake.


Due to my lousy skill in unmounding the chiffon cake, the cake was broken on the bottom :p

Please refer to the original recipe from Happy Flour. I have made very slight adjustments to her recipe based on what I had on hand:

Ingredients
- 3 egg yolks
- 25g light muscovador sugar unrefined dry demerara sugar

- 1/4tsp low-sodium salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 70g steamed and mashed kabocha squash (aka Japanese pumpkin)
- 60g low-fat Carnation evaporated milk
- 70g organic unbleached all-purpose flour

- 3 egg whites
- 45g light muscovador sugar unrefined dry demerara sugar


It is a lovely cake and the organic Kabocha Squash I bought from NTUC was very sweet! :)

Happy baking! :)

Comments

  1. 我没有用过paper chiffon tube case
    用来送礼,应该很好看吧,呵呵
    继续加油,越做越好 ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢你的鼓励哦 :)失败了无数次,还是不投降 :D

      Delete

Post a Comment